One of the things I've been doing is adding sheets of old patterns to my maniquin. I used a glue made of flour and water after reading one of Dawn's blogs. I used flour and water as a kid, but most of the time I use white glue mixed with water or mod podge now. But I have to tell you, I love the way this mixture turned out. This maniquin had the paper cording wrapped around her and it didn't look good. It was brown and some of it had come loose. I tore all that off several months ago. Then last week I decided to spruce her up. I use her to display clothes when I sell them on Craigslist. And she has a spot in one of my studios. I think she looks pretty cool.
I found a hat at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. It had two roses and a bow on it. I loved the roses and wanted to try to make vintage roses, so I bought the had and took the roses off. One of the roses I tore up to make a pattern and see how it was made. This is a picture of the one I didn't tear up. Isn't it pretty.
This is the one that I made. I took the pattern I made and cut it out of an old pair of my pajamas. I loved the peachy orange color. And I had a piece of orange lace that I put in for the velvet. Thought I would let you see how it turned out. I want to try it again with some dupionie silk and see how it will turn out. Either way it was a lot of fun to work with.
Hope everyone out there in blogland has a very happy Thanksgiving and enjoys the day with family and friends. I know I am thankful to be a part of blogland and share with all of you.
A collection of trays designed by Sandra Foster.
4 minutes ago