This is the new lampshade I have been working on. It is made from burlap and decorator fabric. I found the wire shade at a garage sale. Wrapped it with seam binding and sewed on each panel. Made bias tape out of burlap top cover the panels where it over lapped. The ruffles was the hardest part. My ruffler would not handle the decorator fabric. So I did it by hand. Then put some more bias tape to cover the gathering threads. Last I made a rose from the burlap and glued it on with a few leaves. All the bias tape was glued on too. The rest was stitched on. This is the pink rose.
And the burlap rose I made.
This is my first post in over a year. I was doing some other things and didn't have much time for my blog. And for the last six months I have been trying to get well. I got septic arthritis in my right wrist the 29 of Dec. and took antibotics for six weeks. Then took another trip to the hospital with pneumonia, had to fight that off. The last trip to the hospital was with condritius, probably misspelled. Anyway for the last three weeks I have been feeling great. I have been keeping up with all of you. And playing with Pinterest!!!
Good to be back.