Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MY NEW BURLAP LAMPSHADE

This is the new lampshade I have been working on.  It is made from burlap and decorator fabric.  I found the wire shade at a garage sale.  Wrapped it with seam binding and sewed on each panel.  Made bias tape out of burlap top cover the panels where it over lapped.  The ruffles was the hardest part.  My ruffler would not handle the decorator fabric.  So I did it by hand.  Then put some more bias tape to cover the gathering threads.  Last I made a rose from the burlap and glued it on with a few leaves.  All the bias tape was glued on too.  The rest was stitched on.  This is the pink rose.

This is the blue rose.
Don't know what kind of flower this is, but it's pretty!
And the burlap rose I made.


This is my first post in over a year.  I was doing some other things and didn't have much time for my blog.  And for the last six months I have been trying to get well.  I got septic arthritis in my right wrist the 29 of Dec. and took antibotics for six weeks.  Then took another trip to the hospital with pneumonia, had to fight that off.  The last trip to the hospital was with condritius, probably misspelled.  Anyway for the last three weeks I have been feeling great.  I have been keeping up with all of you.  And playing with Pinterest!!!         
Good to be back.

3 comments:

Patti's Artful Design said...

Pat....that shade is beautiful:)! So sorry you have been iill. It is good to see you creating again and blogging:)

Brenda's Blog said...

Oh Pat, I just got back too! Soo glad you are feeling better! We have to catch up soon...Miss you!!!
Love your Burlap Lamp Shade!!!!!!
xoxo
Brenda

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Dear Pat
I was so sorry to read that you had quite a rough year with your health poor girl! I do hope you are feeling on top of things finally and I so enjoyed reading about your beautiful new/old burlap lampshade. It was a big challenging I see with that thick decorator fabric but well done! It looks superb!
xSuzy