Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NEW THINGS I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON

This is a window that I have been working on to display jewelery in the mall.  The top window has a fan in it and I decoupaged orchid rice paper behind it.  The fan shows different stages in a girls wedding.  The bottom window I took a piece of poster board and glued antique lace all over it.  Then added bits of jewelery and beads.  The hooks are for holding the jewelery.  I added a wire to the top to hang it and another wire in the middle to display vintage clip earrings.  I think it will make a very good display.  I have lots of vintage jewelery and it sure needs to be sold.

 And this is my attempt to make a little shoe.  I used all vintage material for it.  I had a little baby shoe so I cut me a pattern from it.  The pink lining was from an old gown that I got at an estate sale.  I kind of crazy quilted the lace on the lining for the top of the shoe. 
 I covered a piece of card board with the pink lining and put inside the shoe to give it some shape.
 And last of all I added the pearl buttons.  It looks just like a little vintage baby shoe.
I just loved the little shoes that Dawn and Lisa made so thought I would see what I could do.  They are really fun to make.
  Hope all of you have a wonderful day!!!!

8 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

What a sweet little shoe!

Barbara Jean said...

your little shoe is adorable!!!!

blessings
barbara jean

Sandra Foster said...

These both are lovely. You have your blog "dressed" beautiful too. Love the colors. Sandra

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Both are very nice! I agree, your blog is really pretty too. Lots of eye candy here!
Connie

FredaB said...

Two wonderful ideas. Your window will make a very attractive addition to your antiques stall.

the baby shoe is very cute.

Hugs

fredaB

Brenda's Blog said...

Oh how pretty...love it all!!!!
You are soooo talented Pat! ;0)
Hugs...

Brenda's Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Charlene,
Lovely shoes, you used the best stuff for it & I love the crazy quilting. What's this estate sale...where you doing it? I'm going straight to your etsy now looking for that great lace. We are talking about getting the art group back togher. I'll fill you in on it later. Lisa