Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Flowers for the Mall

I have been making a few flowers the past couple of days. This one today, it is made from pink crushed velvet. I put some antique lace in the back and the leaves are green crushed velvet with the embroidery to give them highlights. And it had to have a little bling with a rhinestone button. It is a pin that I will be selling in my booth.
This one I made a couple of nights ago. I took it to the mall to show a couple of friends and now I am holding it for a lady. It has part of an antique collar in the shape of a half circle on the back. And green organza ribbon leaves. I added a few stamens in the center of the rose and some beads hanging at the bottom. This one is crushed velvet too with a pin on the back. The blues look much lighter in person, with lots of highlights.
This is some more of that pink crushed velvet. I added some antique lace around the edges of the rose. I love this lace, it was on some material lace and was so old it was coming apart so I cut out the designs. They are beautiful. The leaves are a light golden organza ribbon. Also a pin on the back
The next two flowers are made out of paper pattern sheets. I have these two started and will finish them up in the morning. Need to wrap the stem with some floral wrap and maybe add some more little beads and for sure some glitter.
Thanks for stopping by and hope all of you have a wonderful week.

5 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful flowers!

Hugs,
Robin

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Pat,
I found your blog by following a link from Nikki's blog. I am facinated with the first flower. I have been trying to achieve this look. A close up of yours looks like the flower is all one piece of fabric that widens to the outer edges. Do you have a tutorial or can you give a tip on how you achieve this look? I have been playing with making frayed fabric flowers.

I can't wait to read through the rest of your blog.

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Pat!!! Your flowers are just beautiful!! I love them all...I love that you can pin the fabric flowers, they would look so gorgeous on a purse ~ I hope you are doing so good sweet friend, hugs and love, Dawn

DeeDee said...

Beautiful flowers.. I am so into flowers this year... love the velvet texture...

Donna said...

Your velvet flowers are gorgeous, I've been working on making flowers. Your art is just what I enjoy looking at and making.