Sunday, March 29, 2009

MY LACY PILLOW

This is what I have been working on for the past few days. Started out dying material and lace with tea. Some of the lace is new and some is vintage. The pocket was an old white work scarf with butterflies. It even had some holes in it worn from time. But I loved the buterflies and I like to reuse and update things. The crochet on the back was some I found at a yard sale. I have been wanting to make some pillows for a while, and seeing so many of these lace pillows just made me get with it. I plan to make some more, they are so much fun to work on. Hope you enjoyed my little adventure with pillows, I know I sure did!







Hope all of you have a restful night and a blessed day tomorrow. I'll show you some scarves I bought to make a pillow out of the next time I blog.
Smiles,
Pat

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, the pillows are just stunning. I love them. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

The pillow is lovely!

Thanks for stopping by to enter the giveaway! :)

Valerie said...

the pillows are very beautiful, pat. so are the crib and green box you've created. love your work.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Pat ~ your pillow is so very pretty !! I bet you had fun working on it ~
xoxo,
Lori

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

tHANKS FOR VISITING MY BLOG. I LOVE THE WAY YOUR PILLOWS TURNED OUT. THEY'RE BEAUTIFUL. I LOOK FORWARD TO SPENDING MORE TIME ON YOUR BLOG TOMMORROW!

Shari from Big Yellow Farmhouse said...

Oh my goodness, this pillow is absolutely gorgeous! I enlarged the pictures for a closer look. You are so talented! I love it!

Marlene said...

OMG absolutely love your pillow!!
I want one!!!! Found your blog thru Patti's Artful Design Blog. I want to make some but my sewing skills are not the best..they are just perfect for my bedroom redo I am doing.. they remind me of the pillows in Tiina blog Dream in Cream...she is at the Lone Star Antiques...they are just gorgeous I am redoing my room in Cream and white and sepia tones and will be posting pictures soon. I will definately follow your blog love your ideas! please stop by mine. Marlene in cambria

Barbara Jean said...

Gorgeous pillows. Love all that lace and trim!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

My Vintage Studio said...

Hi Pat. Your pillows are beautiful! BTW, I found this idea in a decorating magazine I have dated Oct 2006...but made with pink fabrics and lace. SO "that blogger" who thinks she is coming up with these designs isn't as crafty as she thinks. I like your pillows the best I've seen! Just a mean person she is.....